1. Introduction The Federation of Fisheries Organizations Uganda is an Umbrella body formed as an initiative by fisheries community-based groups in form of associations.
The Abavubi Mobile App (herein referred to as AFMA) is among the 10 interventions and projects we are handling to promote responsible fisheries business chain in Uganda.
By visiting and/or ordering products and services on this Application/Website, you agree and, where required, consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information as set out in this policy.
2. Data Collection We collect personal information from you when you order products or services from us using our Application. We also collect information when you complete where applicable a customer survey and reviews.
AFMA usage information may also be collected using cookies herein explained.
The Federation of Fisheries Organisations Uganda will collect information that personally identifies you and/or your location, where required (this may include your name, email address, home address, telephone number, geo location, etc.), but only when you voluntarily give it to us.
We collect this information exclusively to carry out the functions offered on AFMA and to provide you with offers and information about AFMA, FFOU and other services we think you may be interested in. We might collect this personal information through:
a) online fish ordering;
b) creating a user account;
c) sending 'contact us' messages or other correspondence through the Application/Website;
d) advertising, research and direct marketing.e) subscribing to our newsletter;
Note: We do not collect sensitive information about you.
5. Service Providers We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
6. Information we collect from you You consent to FFOU collecting and using your personal information for processing and delivering the order/s placed on the Application or Website and any other service provided through the above. In particular you expressly consent that the Federation of Fisheries Organisations Uganda may disclose your personal information, including your name, email address, physical address and telephone number to the personnel delivering your order, either employed by the Federation or by third parties providing delivery services to the Federation. You consent to the Federation and the Abavubi App using your personal information for advertising and direct marketing purposes in order to inform you about the Application/Website and the goods and services it provides, or other matters that it believes will be of interest to you. The Federation may disclose your personal information, and you consent to the disclosure of your personal information, to: third parties engaged by the Federation or other members of the Federation to perform functions or provide products and services on our behalf such as processing payments, mail outs, debt collection, research, statistical information, marketing and direct or indirect advertising If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving direct marketing communications from Abavubi Application or do not want us to share your personal information with other parties, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, follow the steps to unsubscribe which are presented in every communication you receive from us, requesting your personal information be removed from our mailing list. We will use reasonable endeavors to comply with your request within a reasonable period of receipt of your request. Please note that the withdrawal of any authorizations for processing of your personal information by third parties may result in us not being able to provide you with any services. The Federation reserves the right to disclose your personal information if it is required or authorized to do so by law, or, if it is reasonably necessary in its opinion to protect the rights or property of FFOU or any third party, or to avoid injury to any person. In case the Federation transforms into another entity or merges with another entity then some or all of your personal information may be passed to a third party
7. Access to your information The Federation will use all reasonable endeavors to keep personal information it holds accurate, complete, up-to- date, relevant and not misleading. Please contact us if you would like to access the personal information that FFOU holds about you. We will use reasonable endeavors to provide a complete list of your personal information within a reasonable period of receipt of your request. Please email us if you would like to receive a copy of this information at email@example.com. The Federation reserves the right to charge a nominal fee for the processing of this request in accordance with local legislation. You may contact us to correct any of your personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, or to request that your personal information be deleted. We will use reasonable endeavors to correct or delete your personal information as requested within a reasonable period of receipt of your request. Deletion of your account with FFOU will not automatically delete the personal information held about you. If you would like FFOU to delete all personal information together with the deletion of your account, please contact us at the email mentioned-above and follow the steps that will be given to you. Please note that the deletion of your personal information from our database will result in us not being able to provide you with any services. If applicable, any legal requirement on us to maintain certain records of your personal information shall prevail over any of your requests. We may require you to prove your identity before providing you with copies of your personal information.
9. Children's Privacy Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a Children under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
10. Contact All enquiries, comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by subscribing to our mailing lists whenever it deems.